#BalanceforBetter series shortlisted for UK Content Awards
Did you happen to catch our #BalanceforBetter series in honour of International Women’s Day last month? Well, if you didn’t it might be worth a look because it’s been shortlisted in the UK Content Awards!
The UK Content Awards recognises businesses who create exceptional content designed to educate and inform their customers. Pickr is delighted to be shortlisted for the ‘In-house content team of the year’ category as a result of the #BalanceforBetter series.
The blog series examined the gender imbalance in telecoms, an issue faced by a number of our customers. It was a series of insightful interviews of trailblazing women operating in a number of different roles across the sector. It looked at women embarking on their careers, although way up to scaling the corporate ladder and running their own businesses.
The Pickr blog shares the shortlist with the likes of multi-billion-pound insurance company, LV, of whom have a large digital content team as opposed to our team of one! You can see the full shortlist here. We look forward to the result in June.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the #BalanceforBetter subjects once again. Through their interviews they were able to share some easily actionable advice. This insider knowledge has the potential to help other women and girls pursue a rewarding career in telecoms.
You can check out the series here;
- Julie Agnew: President of Women in Cable and Telecoms & Virgin Media’s Exec Director
- Hannah Hargreaves: Openreach Trainee Engineer and ‘Glamgineer’ advocate
- Lilly Callaghan: Openreach Products Manager and Chemistry graduate
- Nina Smith: Sky Engineer and ‘Women in Home Service’ promoter
- Meri Braziel: COO of Cable Com and founder of Women in Telecoms & Tech Networking
- Isabelle Paradis: COO & Founder of International Agency, Hot Telecoms